- Membership cards must be scanned at the welcome center desk to access our facilities. The replacement fee for a lost card is $1.
- Membership in the Mahaska County YMCA is nontransferable.
- Membership is non-refundable.
- Membership may be frozen for documented medical reasons only. Please contact your branch Membership Director to place a membership on hold.
- If termination notification is submitted in writing within thirty (30) days of the initial join date, the YMCA will refund the initial payment.. A joining fee is required to rejoin the Mahaska County YMCA.
- Notification in writing ten (10) days prior to next billing date is required to terminate a membership. Faxes and e-mails to the Membership Director of your home branch are acceptable forms of termination as well as filling out the termination form at the Mahaska County YMCA. You must receive a confirmation e-mail or letter to confirm the termination request was processed.
- Ten (10) days notice require to change a membership. This includes upgrades or downgrades of a membership type and billing changes.
- Parents are responsible for the safety and supervision of their children at all times. Children under the age of 9 years may not be left unattended in the facility. Unsupervised workouts using cardiovascular equipment or free weights is not permitted prior to 9th grade.
- Should any member debt not be honored by the member’s credit card company or bank for any reason, the member is still responsible for that debt plus a service charge applied by the YMCA. This is in addition to any service fee the member’s credit card company or bank may charge. The membership is subject to termination if the debt is not paid.
- The YMCA is founded on Christian principles and prohibits inappropriate behavior and conduct.
If termination notification is submitted in writing within thirty (30) days of the initial join date, the YMCA will refund the initial payment. A joining fee is required to rejoin the Mahaska County YMCA.
- The YMCA conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants, and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel a membership, end program participation, and remove visitation access.
For a complete list of all policies click here