The Blue Zones Project® is a community well-being improvement initiative designed to make healthy choices easier through permanent changes. Join the movement here in Oskaloosa by registering and completing pledge actions to improve your well-being at www.bluezonesproject.com.
Mon-Thur: 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Fri: 5 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Sunday: 1 to 5 p.m.
Mon-Fri: 6 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Saturday: 1 to 9 p.m.
Sunday: 1 to 9 p.m.
The PAC is located on the William Penn University Campus. Strollers are
allowed on the track.
414 North Third Street
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577
United Way Helping Here
- No notices at this time.
Since 1903, the Mahaska County YMCA has contributed to the lives of thousands of boys and girls, and men and women of all ages, races, religions, and economic backgrounds. (Click here to read about our History.) The Y is a not-for-profit organization with a unique opportunity to touch the lives of infants through seniors throughout the Mahaska Community. Not a member? Consider yourself invited. If you have questions, stop by or call.
YMCA CHALLENGE OF THE MONTH
Join us in January for PUSH-UPS! Click here for a printable version. Challenge of the Month sheets are also posted and available outside the adult fitness room.
The Hub is a self-service portal which allows our membership to access accounts, learn about and sign up for programs, make payments, prints receipts, and make donations to your YMCA. Non-members can use The Hub to join the YMCA, sign up for programs and make donations. The Hub is very user friendly so click on the Hub link to the right and take a look around. Questions? Give us a call!
- Annual Campaign: The Y Annual Campaign may have formally ended but you can still make a donation to help support scholarships for children, families and seniors in need, capital projects and general operations of the Y. To donate, please click on the "Hub" icon. Volunteer opportunities also exist; click on the Give link in the main navigation bar above.
- Seasonal Flyers: You can download the most current seasonal flyer, "Winter is Wonderful at Your Y" by clicking here (Adobe Acrobat may be required), or pick up your copy from the Member Services desk. Remember program and event information is posted on the Y's on-line calendar and through the Y's monthly electronic newsletter. To receive "Discovering Y" give the front desk your email address or fill out the "Sign Up" fields in the purple box on this page.
The Mahaska County Y is implementing a comprehensive approach to health and fitness at its facilities. Current, new and even potential members inquiring about all there is to experience at the Y can learn this and more by making an appointment with a Healthy Lifestyle Coach. Read more here.
Thanks to the work of 10-15 Transit, United Way of Mahaska County, the City of Oskaloosa, and several local business sponsors, Oskaloosa has a bus transit system which runs from 9-5, Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The YMCA is on the route and is a convenient way to get to Y programs and classes. Click here for a route map and an FAQ document. For more information, contact the United Way of Mahaska County, 641.673.6043.
CLICK ON THE NEWS LINK TO READ MORE ABOUT...
- Personnel Changes at the Y
- Fitness Room Remodel
- Y's Men's Club Christmas Tree Sales
- Y Staff Honored
- YMCA After School Program Releases Evalution
- Freaky 5K Results are posted (Click to view results PDF or Freaky 5k news page)
- New Aquatics Program for Third Grade Students
- Join us for the Fall Food Festival & Family Fun Night
- Dates have been set for 2015 Osky Winter Open
- Register now for the 2014 Freaky 5k
- Early Learning Rates Restructured
- Live United 5K Results
- YMCA Grows Pickleball Interest