The Blue Zones Project® is a community well-being improvement initiative designed to make healthy choices easier through permanent changes. Join the movement here in Oskaloosa by registering and completing pledge actions to improve your well-being at www.bluezonesproject.com.
YMCA WINTER HOURS:
Mon-Thur: 5 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Fri: 5 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Sunday: 1 to 5 p.m.
WINTER PAC HOURS:
Mon-Fri: 6 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Saturday: 1 to 9 p.m.
Sunday: 1 to 9 p.m.
The PAC is located on the William Penn University Campus. Strollers are
allowed on the track.
414 North Third Street
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577
United Way Helping Here
- No notices at this time.
Since 1903, the Mahaska County YMCA has contributed to the lives of thousands of boys and girls, and men and women of all ages, races, religions, and economic backgrounds. (Click here to read about our History.) The Y is a not-for-profit organization with a unique opportunity to touch the lives of infants through seniors throughout the Mahaska Community. Not a member? Consider yourself invited. If you have questions, stop by or call.
The Hub is a self-service portal which allows our membership to access accounts, learn about and sign up for programs, make payments, prints receipts, and make donations to your YMCA. Non-members can use The Hub to join the YMCA, sign up for programs and make donations. The Hub is very user friendly so click on the Hub link to the right and take a look around. Questions? Give us a call!
The Mahaska County Y is implementing a comprehensive approach to health and fitness at its facilities. Current, new and even potential members inquiring about all there is to experience at the Y can learn this and more by making an appointment with a Healthy Lifestyle Coach. Read more here.
- Winter Hours: Extended winter hours will end March 6.
- Annual Campaign: The Y Annual Campaign has launched with an ambitious goal of $150,000. The goal is increased by 5% from the past three years. The funds raised will support scholarships for children, families and seniors in need, capital projects and general operations of the Y. To get involved or for more information, contact Campaign Chair, Glenda Booy. To donate, please click on the "Hub" icon.
- Child Care Openings... There are openings in 0-3 Child Care. Call us today for a tour and specific information regarding our high quality child care program.
- Seasonal Flyers ... It may not look like spring, but the spring seasonal flyers are completed. You can download "Springing Forward At The YMCA" by clicking here (Adobe Acrobat may be required), or pick up your copy from the Member Services desk. Remember program and event information is posted on the Y's on-line calendar and through the Y's monthly electronic newsletter. To receive "Discovering Y" give the front desk your email address or fill out the "Sign Up" fields in the purple box on this page.
CLICK ON THE NEWS LINK TO READ MORE ABOUT...
- The Winter Open was a success!
- Tee Off "Fore" the Y
- Annual Campaign Begins
- Ryan Harkema Receives Certification
- Volunteers Needed for Blue Zones Proect
- 2nd Annual Freaky 5k
- Pickleball Champs
- Dolphins Swim Team News
- Y Offers Healthy Lifestyle Coaching