The Blue Zones Project® is a community well-being improvement initiative designed to make healthy choices easier through permanent changes. Join the movement here in Oskaloosa by registering and completing pledge actions to improve your well-being at www.bluezonesproject.com.
Mon-Thur: 5 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Fri: 5 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Sunday: 1 to 5 p.m.
Mon-Fri: 6 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Saturday: 1 to 9 p.m.
Sunday: 1 to 9 p.m.
The PAC is located on the William Penn University Campus. Strollers are
allowed on the track.
414 North Third Street
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577
United Way Helping Here
- STAY INFORMED! A lot of information and up-to-date notices are posted on the Y's Facebook page. Have you "liked" the Y yet?
- WAIVED FEE: During the month of September, your Mahaska County YMCA will waive the $50 activation fee for new members. And this fall the Y will be doing a variety of membership specials. Make sure you stop by or give us a call to find out more.
The Mahaska County YMCA (formerly known as the Oskaloosa YMCA) was incorporated in 1896 as an association of "Christian young men seeking fellowship and spiritual inspiration." The Y has had several homes in Oskaloosa including a three-story building in downtown (which housed a bowling alley but no swimming pool) that was dedicated by President Roosevelt in 1903. Since that time, the Mahaska County YMCA has contributed to the lives of thousands of boys and girls, and men and women of all ages, races, religions, and economic backgrounds. (Click here to read about our History.) The Y is a not-for-profit organization with a unique opportunity to touch the lives of infants through seniors throughout the Mahaska Community. Not a member? Consider yourself invited. If you have questions, stop by or call.
YMCA CHALLENGE OF THE MONTH
Join us in October for 5K Prep. Click here for a printable version. Challenge of the Month sheets are also posted and available outside the adult fitness room. Want to check out the entire year of challenges? Click here.
The Hub is a self-service portal which allows our membership to access accounts, learn about and sign up for programs, make payments, prints receipts, and make donations to your YMCA. Non-members can use The Hub to join the YMCA, sign up for programs and make donations. The Hub is very user friendly so click on the Hub link to the right and take a look around. Questions? Give us a call!
- Annual Campaign: The Y Annual Campaign is an opportunity to make donations to help support scholarships for children, families and seniors in need, capital projects and general operations of the Y. To donate, please click on the "Hub" icon. Volunteer opportunities also exist; click on the "Give" link in the main navigation bar above.
- Stay informed: Program and event information is posted on the Y's on-line calendar and through email communication. For email updates, just give the front desk your email address or fill out the "Sign Up" fields in the purple box on this page. Information is also posted on the Y's Facebook page - so consider 'liking the Y!'
The Mahaska County Y is implementing a comprehensive approach to health and fitness at its facilities. Current, new and even potential members inquiring about all there is to experience at the Y can learn this and more by making an appointment with a Healthy Lifestyle Coach. Read more here.
Thanks to the work of 10-15 Transit, United Way of Mahaska County, the City of Oskaloosa, and several local business sponsors, Oskaloosa has a bus transit system which runs from 9-5, Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The YMCA is on the route and is a convenient way to get to Y programs and classes. Click here for a route map and an FAQ document. For more information, contact the United Way of Mahaska County, 641.673.6043.
CLICK ON THE NEWS LINK TO READ MORE ABOUT...
- Facility Renovations
- 4th Annual Winter Open
- Personnel Changes at the Y