The Blue Zones Project® is a community well-being improvement initiative designed to make healthy choices easier through permanent changes. Join the movement here in Oskaloosa by registering and completing pledge actions to improve your well-being at www.bluezonesproject.com.
Mon-Thur: 5 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Fri: 5 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Sunday: 1 to 5 p.m.
PAC ACADEMIC OPERATIONAL HOURS:
Mon-Thur: 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Fri: 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Saturday: 9 to 9 p.m.
Sunday: 9 to 9 p.m.
PAC SUMMER OPERATIONAL HOURS:
Mon-Fri: a.m. to 7 p.m.
Closed Saturday and Sunday
The PAC is located on the William Penn University Campus. Strollers are
allowed on the track.
414 North Third Street
Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577
United Way Helping Here
- 2016 SUMMER DAY CAMP STARTS NOW: It's that time of year when campers K-5th grade get to "Discover Your Summer" at the YMCA day camp. Sign up for one week or all 13 weeks! Payment for each week's camp must be made by the Wednesday before the participation week. Click here for complete DISCOVERY Y day camp information.
- MEMBERSHIP & NEW ASSISTANT MEMBERSHIP COORDINATOR: We wanted to share with you that Lisa Martin will be working an abbreviated schedule this summer and that a temporary position for Assistant Membership Coordinator has been created. Read the complete memo to YMCA Members, Volunteers & Staff by clicking here.
- REGISTER NOW FOR ADULT SAND VOLLEYBALL! The deadline is June 6 with play starting June 14. Sand Volleyball will take place at the old Spaghetti's building on A Avenue West. For more details and a registration form, click here.
- FALL FLAG FOOTBALL LEAGUE REGISTRATION OPEN: Register early and receive a price break. Registration forms are available at the member services desk or can be found by clicking here where more information can also be found.
- SWIM LESSONS: Interested in Summer Swim lessons at the Y? Click here for 2016 details. Thanks to United Way of Mahaska County, the Y is offering free swim lessons to all third graders! Click here for more details.
- STAY INFORMED! A lot of information and up-to-date notices are posted on the Y's Facebook page. Have you "liked" the Y yet? You can also follow the Mahaska YMCA on Twitter. Click here or search @MahaskaYMCA.
The Mahaska County YMCA (formerly known as the Oskaloosa YMCA) was incorporated in 1896 as an association of "Christian young men seeking fellowship and spiritual inspiration." The Y has had several homes in Oskaloosa including a three-story building in downtown (which housed a bowling alley but no swimming pool) that was dedicated by President Roosevelt in 1903.Since that time, the Mahaska County YMCA has contributed to the lives of thousands of boys and girls, and men and women of all ages, races, religions, and economic backgrounds. (Click here to read about our History.) The Y is a not-for-profit organization with a unique opportunity to touch the lives of infants through seniors throughout the Mahaska Community. Not a member? Consider yourself invited. If you have questions, stop by or call.
YMCA CHALLENGE OF THE MONTH
The Hub is a self-service portal which allows our membership to access accounts, learn about and sign up for programs, make payments, prints receipts, and make donations to your YMCA. Non-members can use The Hub to join the YMCA, sign up for programs and make donations. The Hub is very user friendly so click on the Hub link to the right and take a look around. Questions? Give us a call!
- Annual Campaign: The Y Annual Campaign is an opportunity to make donations to help support scholarships for children, families and seniors in need, capital projects and general operations of the Y. To donate, please click on the "Hub" icon. Volunteer opportunities also exist; click on the "Give" link in the main navigation bar above.
- Stay informed: Program and event information is posted on the Y's on-line calendar and through email communication. For email updates, just give the front desk your email address or fill out the "Sign Up" fields in the purple box on this page. Information is also posted on the Y's Facebook page - so consider 'liking the Y!'
The Mahaska County Y is implementing a comprehensive approach to health and fitness at its facilities. Current, new and even potential members inquiring about all there is to experience at the Y can learn this and more by making an appointment with a Healthy Lifestyle Coach. Read more here.
Thanks to the work of 10-15 Transit, United Way of Mahaska County, the City of Oskaloosa, and several local business sponsors, Oskaloosa has a bus transit system which runs from 9-5, Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The YMCA is on the route and is a convenient way to get to Y programs and classes. Click here for a route map and more information or contact United Way of Mahaska County, 641.673.6043.
CLICK ON THE NEWS LINK TO READ MORE ABOUT...
- Membership Coordinator Abbreviated Schedule for the Summer
- Register Now for Summer Swim & Sand Volleyball
- Y Receies Grant from State of Iowa
- Interim Director Announced
- 2016-17 Preschool Registration News
- Free Swim Lessons for Third Graders
- 2016 Osky Winter Open Mini-Putt Event
- Registration Now Open for Adult Co-Ed Basketball League
- Sign up now for 2016 Swim Lessons!
- New Cardio Room